We customize our services to accommodate each client’s needs and specific challenges.
The Science of Human Factors Engineering
We examine all facets of how people will interact with a medical device or product including what they bring technically, physically, and emotionally. We incorporate our extensive experience with low literacy users to maximize first-time product success. Our proprietary human factors engineering methods seek to cost-effectively optimize device design while ensuring user satisfaction and regulatory requirements.
- Our risk-based model evaluates safety and usability associated with users completing critical and essential device tasks.
- Early formative evaluations ensure usability optimization, user satisfaction, mitigation of risks and use errors, and instructional labeling that effectively supports correct device use.
- Data gathered during our processes provide evidence to regulatory bodies that the user interface has been optimized and potential device problems have been discovered and mitigated.
- Complete turnkey services for IRB approval, subject recruitment and venue management.
- Post-market use related issues could have a dramatic impact to product life-cycle issues including longevity and profitability. Our usability-centered post-market methods help clients to identify trends now that should be avoided in the future.